Rising Costs of Insurance
- This is an expense that home owners should monitor every year.
- Claims in a zip code can affect your rates.
- If your rates go up, call an insurance carrier for quotes.
- Make sure you are adequately insured!
- Carrie Ousley with HUB International specializes in homes over $700,000.
Property Taxes Annually
- One page form that you can file yourself
- 20% reduction in Property Taxes.
- Must have owner and lived in home as of January 1 for that tax year.
- Deadline is April 30, 2014
- New law requires copy of driver’s license with Homestead address.
- Let the professionals protest for you.
- Deadlines for filing must be met.
- Your appointed company must show up for hearings.
- You only pay if they are successful in reducing your taxes.