Energy Realty wants to remain a resource to our community, and we are here to answer questions about the housing market and beyond. While we do not claim to be experts on the Coronavirus, we have gathered some helpful information about financial assistance to answer some of the questions:
- Contact your mortgage company to arrange payment deferment if you are unable to make payments. For more information please go to https://www.businessinsider.com/personal-finance/banks-help-with-mortgage-payments-coronavirus-2020-4
- If your income has been impacted and you cannot pay your rent, contact your landlord to make arrangements. Please note that although landlords cannot file an eviction for the next two months, they are not obligated to defer rental payments and can file an eviction after two months if you are behind. It is always best to work with your landlord. More information on the HUD’s eviction and foreclosure moratorium can be found here.
- Small business assistance through SBA and Emergency Economic Injury Disaster Loan Grants (EIDL).
- Student Loan payments are suspended for six months with no penalty or interests.
- Tax relief for individuals and businesses-please contact your CPA for details.
- Unemployment assistance is available for independent contractors at this time.
- For more information about Coronavirus Assistance, please go here https://www.benefits.gov/help/faq/Coronavirus-resources